Posted: 07.07.20 11:32 AM
July 20, 2020 Update
Wind chimes sales have reached a new record, and we’re working extended hours to fulfill orders as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, we’re not able to ship as quickly as usual. Here are estimated shipping times as of today:
- Initial wholesale orders are shipping in about 4 weeks, and sooner when we’re able to do so.
- Wholesale back orders are shipping in 5-6 weeks, and we continue to follow the back-order protocol outlined in the June 26th update (see below).
We’re prioritizing our production schedule to make the chimes you’re waiting for, while working as quickly and safely as possible.
This has been a year like no other, and we’re so grateful for your partnership and patience as we make these temporary adjustments.
Please check this page regularly for updates.
July 13, 2020 Update
We are prioritizing our production schedule to make the chimes you are waiting for, and we continue to be grateful for many partnerships we have with independent dealers across the USA. We continue to work extended hours to get chimes to you as quickly and safely as possible, and will post updates here as changes occur.
Below are our current turnaround times for wholesale orders:
- Initial wholesale orders are shipping in 3 weeks.
- In most cases, wholesale back-orders are shipping in 4-6 weeks.
- We continue to seek a balance between shipping chimes to you in a timely manner and shipping your order as complete as possible. We continue to use the shipping & back order protocols we began in June.
June 26, 2020 Update
Wind chimes sales have reached a new record (almost double our typical volume for this time of year!), and this, coupled with COVID-19-related limitations, means we are unfortunately not able to ship as quickly as normal.
We’re working hard to scale up and meet the increased demand, but so you’ll know what to expect when you order, here are several important temporary shipping adjustments:
- So that you’ll have chimes in your stores, we’re shipping orders within a week of order receipt, but some initial shipments will have a 30-40% shortage.
- If your order is more than $200 short upon initial shipment, the missing chimes will be placed on back-order, and will be fulfilled in 4 to 5 weeks.
- If you prefer not to have back-ordered items, please select one of the following when you order, and we will process as requested:
- Delete & Ship – available items will be shipped and unavailable items will be removed from your order.
- Sub Colors – if your requested chime out of stock, we’ll send a substitute color if one is available (same size & price as original item).
How to get your order more quickly and completely:
- Our best sellers continue to ship as fast as we can make them, and stock levels for specific colors change daily. If you can accept substitute colors, please let us know when you place your order. While we may be out of a specific chime on your order, chances are good that we have an alternate color available (same size, same price).
- Plan ahead and order now for the chimes you expect to need later this summer. We’re planning our production schedule weekly to make the items with the highest demand, and having orders in advance will help us plan now for what you need later.
We know adjusting to a longer fulfillment time frame is disappointing, and we’re grateful for your patience as we make these temporary adjustments.
May 14, 2020 – Update
We are experiencing an unusually high volume of orders, and stock on many of our most popular items is very low. Some items are sold out completely. We are working as best we can to catch up on outstanding orders and restock those items that are out. Given the limitations we have in place to maintain a sustainably safe workplace, it will take some time to built our inventory up to normal levels. We appreciate your patience as we manage through the historic challenges of this spring. Order turnaround is currently as follows:
- Wholesale orders are shipping in 5-7 business days.
- Retail orders are shipping within 3 business days.
May 8, 2020 – Update
We are open, and continue to make and ship chimes with the safety of our employees and customers in mind. We hope you, your family, and friends continue to be safe and healthy.
- We are currently operating during our normal business hours, with customer service available from 8am-5pm (ET), Monday-Friday.
- We continue to ship orders Monday-Friday. We are working to maintain fulfillment times as close to normal as safely possible, but in general, orders will take an extra day or two to ship. We appreciate your patience.
- We have implemented split shifts in our production teams to create a sustainably safe workflow. However, we are currently making chimes at reduced capacity, and some items may be unavailable for a short time. We continue to reengineer our workspaces to allow greater capacity under these new norms.
- Customized chimes will have longer turnaround times than usual.
- We are receiving chimes for warranty & non-warranty repairs, but these repairs will experience extended delays.
April 2, 2020
Retail Partners and Friends,
I first want to send my sincere hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. The past few weeks have brought about many changes to our businesses and communities as we work together to mitigate the spread of COVID19.
Our first priority at QMT Windchimes in the weeks to come is the safety of our employees and their families. To the extent that we can do so safely, we will continue to receive and fulfill orders for the businesses who rely on us as part of their supply chain.
We have set up remote work schedules for employees who are able to work from home, and we are only working onsite to the extent necessary to fulfill orders. When onsite, we are adhering to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance for workplace cleaning and social distancing related to COVID-19.
We monitor COVID-19 developments daily and will post any changes to our business hours on our website at www.qmtwindchimes.com/covid19. Please check this page often for any future changes to our business that may impact you.
Thank you for being a part of the QMT family. Patty and I, together with the entire QMT Windchimes team, send our very best wishes to you in this time of uncertainty. We pray that each of us will look after the health and welfare of our neighbors this season, and we look forward to our future together beyond COVID-19.
Blessings from our family to yours,
Hours of Operation
Our customer service office is open from 8:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We have adapted our team to work remotely to the greatest extent possible.
Support Charities Fighting COVID-19
In the spirit of helping one another, below are some of the charities we support throughout the year. These in particular are on the front lines of the coronavirus battle. If you’re moved to make a contribution at this time, we know they’d be so grateful.
Please see the following resources for additional information on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic.