Posted: 08.09.23 12:30 AM
How Do Wind River’s Chime Collections Differ?
At Wind River, our wind chimes collections are divided into three different categories: Premier, Deluxe and Classic. Keep reading to understand the key differences between our signature wind chime collections.
- Stringing: The tubes in these collections are hung from a single string tied to a central, interior pin. Using centrally pinned tubes in a wind chime is unique, and elevates the resonance and overall quality of these chime tones, making them more sophisticated instruments.
- Tubes: All of our chimes use aluminum alloy tubes, which makes them lightweight and weather-resistant. Through years of testing and engineering, we’ve identified the aluminum alloy that creates exceptional tone and sound quality—and we use it in every chime. The difference lies in the thickness of the pipe walls. Our Premier chimes feature the thickest-walled tubes, which provides the most resonance.
- Striker: The other contributor to the Premier Collection’s unmatched sound is the striker. Arabesque and Corinthian Bells wind chimes use a soft striker made out of ultra-high-density polymer, which gives each chime a gentle, soothing reverberation. Because the striker is both soft and heavy, it creates a clean, crisp note upon impact. The striker may not be the visual focus of the chimes, but it’s a detail that makes these Wind River chimes truly sing.
- Visual Differences: Because Arabesque and Corinthian Bells use the same pipe thickness and strikers, their resonance and tonal quality is very similar. However, visually, they are very different! Arabesque has a uniquely shaped windsail, beautifully etched details, and a textured finish. Corinthian Bells uses a more simple, round-shaped windsail and has a smooth finish. The color options are also different among the two collections, but both have engravable wind sails for adding your personal message or milestone dates.
- Stringing: Like the tubes in Wind River’s Premier Collection, the Shenandoah Melodies tubes are also hung from a single string tied to a central, interior pin. Using centrally pinned tubes elevates the resonance and overall quality of these chime tones, making their sound clear and lasting.
- Tubes: The aluminum alloy pipes used in Wind River’s Deluxe Collection are marginally thinner than those in the Premier Collection. It’s important to note this difference to understand the cost variance, but regardless, some people prefer Shenandoah Melodies to Corinthian Bells, so let your ears lead you!
- Striker and Wind Sail: Beyond the thickness of the pipes, the other main difference between our Deluxe and Premier wind chimes is the striker. Shenandoah Melodies uses a wooden striker made out of California Redwood. In addition to its exceptional beauty, redwood is sustainable, rot-resistant and its soft texture creates a mellow sound as it strikes each chime. The wind sail is metal and matches the pipe color on each set of chimes. It’s also engravable, so you can add a personal message to each side.
- Stringing: One of the ways these chimes are different from our other collections is the way the tubes are strung. The Classic chimes are strung together with cording that runs through holes drilled in each tube, creating a zig-zag pattern. This stringing style allows for a light, bright, cheerful tone.
- Tubes: The aluminum alloy pipes used in Wind River’s Classic Collection are marginally thinner than those in our other collections, and they are not coated, so they produce a higher, brighter tone, giving you the sweet cheerful sounds of summer all year long.
- Striker and Wind Sail: Both chimes in Wind River’s Classic Collection use a wooden striker and wind sail, both made out of California Redwood. In addition to its exceptional beauty, redwood is sustainable, rot-resistant and its soft texture creates a mellow sound as the wooden striker rings each chime. The wooden wind sails are also engravable, so you can add your personal message to each side.
- Visual Differences: Because Arias and Festival use the same pipe thickness and strikers, their resonance and tonal quality are very similar. However, there are visual differences, including colors choices, wind sail shapes, and dome shapes. Both have engravable wind sails for adding your personal message or milestone dates.
Wind River is passionate about harmony, which is why we’ve spent over thirty years crafting wind chimes to meet anyone’s needs. It’s our joy to offer variety without ever sacrificing beauty, quality, and harmony. We encourage you to have fun listening to our sound clips to find the chime that’s perfect for your needs and tastes.
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to visit our social channels or send us a direct message here.